You might have first seen it while scrolling through your Instagram feed: a simple bowl bursting with a delicious array of cubed fish, colorful vegetables, and fluffy rice and greens, all dribbled over with a savory sauce. The Poke Bowl is eating up social media with its instagrammable aesthetic! But many people have never tried, no less heard of the Poke Bowl. Thanks to the budding new franchise, Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar, this traditional Hawaiian cuisine is becoming more accessible to the general public.
Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar is a company built on food, family, and simplicity. Longing to stay true to the traditional Hawaiian Poke Bowl, Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar is committed to using only the finest ingredients in a way that stays true to Hawaiian culture. Many other Hawaiian restaurants adopt a more modern inland approach to the Poke Bowl with flavors such as chicken, mayonnaise, and Korean barbecue sauce. While it’s still a tasty combo, the traditional Hawaiian Poke Bowl uses raw cubed ahi tuna or salmon, onions, limu, with special seasonings and spices.
So Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar sounds tantalizing, to say the least, but some people still might need a little persuasion when it comes to trying something new. These are the top five reasons to try out Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar for yourself!
1. It’s Delicious Enough said! With such an array of flavors and textures, you can’t go wrong with a Poke Bowl. Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar has a full menu bursting with tasty options such as Spicy Scallops, Shrimp and Salmon, and Seasoned Tofu. On the side they offer boba teas with exhotic flavors. Honeydew Milk Tea, Taro Milk Tea, and Jasmine Green Milk Tea are just a few choices to quench thirst and satisfy the soul.
2. It’s Cultural The Poke Bowl’s origin came from hungry Hawaiian fishermen seasoning the cut-offs of the daily catch for a quick and zesty snack. Around the 1970’s it started becoming popular mixed with the added vegetables and sauces. A little bit of a Japanese influence came into the mix adding a bit of an Asian flair to the Poke Bowl. Often it will be served with soy sauce and sesame oil. Naturally, it’s a part of everyday life on the Hawaiian Islands, but only more recently has it caught on in the States. Between 2014-2016, Hawaiian restaurants serving Poke Bowls have doubled from 342 to 700, in just two short years! With Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar being a restaurant exclusively committed to traditional Poke Bowl, they are one of the leading franchises carrying on the beauty of Hawaiian culture.
3. The Health Benefits Arguably one of the best reasons for trying out Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar. Using only the freshest and organic ingredients, they are combining food that both tastes good and feels good! Your body will thank you! Packed with protein, low carb and fewer calories, plus important Omega-3 Fatty acids, the Poke Bowl goes overboard with the healthy nutrition needed to fuel the body. More than ever, hungry people are getting serious about their health and the food they should be putting in their bodies. Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar makes it effortless to get the quality food that satisfies and nourishes.
4. It’s Fast We crave speed. With instantaneousness at our fingertips, Americans expect things to be fast. Fast WiFi, fast service, fast food. But with the constant drive of a busy schedule, eating healthy can easily slip into nonexistence. Fast food is convenient and accessible, but not satisfying in the long run. With more people conscious about their health, Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar has designed the perfect franchise to facilitate the need for healthy fast food. With basically no cooking necessary (with the exception of cooked rice), the Poke Bowl truly is fast food. Combining minimal prep time with Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar’s straightforward menu, there are no long lines with puzzled employees struggling to fill out endless confusing orders. Simplicity is the key ingredient. Simplicity generates speed.
5. It’s Fun! Simply put, trying a Poke Bowl for the first time is fun! With the Poke Bowl only recently becoming popular in the states, there are many newcomers experiencing Hawaiian cuisine for the first time. And who doesn’t like to try out something new? Especially when it’s food. And exhotic food, at that! Trendy and a good conversation starter, the foodie will not be disappointed. Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar has convenient locations inside of malls and kiosks to be readily available for newcomers and experts alike. Food brings people together.
With the franchise becoming more popular, Uncle Sharkii Poke Bar will be opening new locations soon the coast of California and expanding into Arizona. Perhaps soon they will be a nationwide franchise, giving everyone a chance to experience a little piece of Hawaiian culture.
So what are you waiting for? Get out and experience the Poke Bowl.